Natural gas has an unpleasant, rotten egg-like odor for easy detection and your safety.

 If you think you smell gas, leave the area immediately, then call PGW at 215-235-1212. Remember, if you think you smell gas:

  • NEVER use electrical devices.
  • NEVER use an open flame, matches or lighter.
  • NEVER try to locate the source of the gas leak.
  • NEVER try to shut off any natural gas valves or appliances.
  • NEVER flip the light switch on or off.
  • NEVER re-enter the building or return to the area until a qualified utility representative says it is safe to do so.